Valentine’s Day Dinners in Vermont’s NEK| 02.11.19
Looking for a Romantic Dinner This Valentine’s Day?
There are plenty of options to choose from in the NEK!
From special prix fixe meals to multi course dinners, from regular menus to chef specials made for the night, there are options for all tastes and budgets.
Below we have compiled as many Valentine’s Dinner events that we could find. Browse through them, choose your favorite, and make your reservation soon. Space fills up fast!
We will update these as we learn of more.
So check back just in case.
Events are sorted by county, then town.
Click the name of the restaurant to get more detailed information about the business and for contact info to make your reservation.
Find the perfect dinner to celebrate your 2019 Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Dinners in Caledonia County
Restaurants in East Burke, Vermont
Foggy Goggle Osteria: This restaurant will be featuring a la carte specials in addition to their regular menu.
Call for reservations.
- Smoked and cured platter with smoked cheddar, brie, and herbed goat cheese with smoked trout, salami, chorizo and salmon lox
- Salmon cakes with a lemon aioli in a bed of greens
- Lobster raviolis with a tarragon orange cream sauce
- Beef wellington with potato au gratin and roasted beets
- Cioppino with lobster, shrimp, scallops, and mussels in a white wine blush sauce over linguine
Finish your meal with one of these decadent desserts:
- Flourless chocolate torte
- Crème brulee
- Chocolate cream pie
- Key lime pie
- Strawberries with whipped cream
Cafe Lotti: This coffee house and eatery in East Burke will be offering a buy one get one free for your sweetheart throughout the day.
Restaurants in Lyndonville, Vermont
Juniper’s at the Wildflower Inn: Serving a Valentine’s Prix Fixe Menu for $48 per person, Juniper’s is featuring the following a 4 course meal. Call for reservations.
Choose a shared appetizer:
- Oysters with pomegranate mignonette
- Smoked salmon stuffed with white truffle cream cheese
- This is followed by a salad filled with frisee and baby chard, fresh strawberries, candies walnuts, and Bayley Hazen Blue Cheese all topped with a raspberry vinaigrette
Choose from the following list of entrees for you main course:
- Cocoa crusted teres steak with cherry butter
- Pan seared buck in rose petal sauce
- Seared sesame ginger ahi tuna on a bed of zucchini and yellow squash with avocado and pickled carrots
- Garden of Eden vegetable risotto with white truffle oil
- Spicy lamb chops with chorizo red rice and creamed cucumber
Then finish up with dessert:
- Tiramisu Trifle
- Lemon curd torte
The Freight House Market and Cafe: While we are not seeing any ‘specials’ for lunch or dinner – their market cases are filled with Valentine’s Day treats such as Chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate cheesecake bite truffles. They also have shelves stocked with chocolates, nut mixes, Burke Mountain Confectionery selections, candles, stuffed animals and more – a one stop shop for your Valentine’s Day gifts.
Restaurants in Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
The Wine Gate: The Wine Gate is hosting a full 5 course meal from 5-9 p.m. This meal features a soup, appetizer, salad, entrée and dessert. There will be several options to choose from.
Call for reservations.
Good Fella’s: Celebrating Valentine’s Day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, join Goodfella’s for their regular menu with the addition of romantic specials to celebrate the occasion. Prime rib is on the menu all three nights, other specials to follow. Call for reservations.
Valentine’s Day in Essex County
Restaurants in Brighton, Vermont (Island Pond)
Essex House: The Essex House is featuring a Valentine’s Dinner for 2 for $60. The dinner includes a shared appetizer, an entrée and a shared desert. Call for reservations
- Bacon wrapped scallops
- Brussels sprouts
- Crab wanton cups
- PEI mussels
- For the main course, choose from
- Baked stuffed shrimp – with seafood stuffing baked in white wine sauce
- Filet Mignon-grilled and topped with a house made béarnaise sauce
- Duck a L’Orange
- White truffle risotto
- Surf-n-turf – a 12 oz rib-eye with your choice of pan-seared scallops topped with pesto or baked stuffed shrimp
All entrees, except risotto, served with choice of mashed potatoes, twice-baked potato, rice-pilaf, and seasoned vegetables
- Blueberry white chocolate cheesecake
- Lava cake served with ice cream
Hobo’s Cafe: Hobo’s will be featuring their apple and cheddar chicken breasts, buy one get the second one ½ price. These come with a side of baked potato. These sold out last year so get there early!
Valentine’s Dinners in Orleans County
Restaurants in Derby Line, Vermont
Derby Line Village Inn: Serving their regular menu filled with delicious, authentic, German cuisine, they will also be delighting your taste buds with some Romantic specials made just for the day. Specials include Prime Rib, lobster, and plenty of chocolate for desert. Other specials still to be announced. Make your reservations.
Goob’s Brew and Barbecue: Looking for a little more than just a special dinner? Goob’s is offering live music with Gene McCormick, dancing, and a special menu for the night. Reservations are encouraged for this night because space will be limited with live entertainment.
- Dry Rubbed and Smoked Pork Loin
- Prime Rib
- Smoked Honey Apple Glazed Chicken
All served with cornbread and sausage stuffing, mashed potatoes and a vegetable medley, with a side of gravy or au jus.
Restaurants in Derby, Vermont
Vermont Pie and Pasta: Featuring a special menu filled with seafood. Call for reservations.
- Land by Sea appetizer plate with bacon wrapped scallops, shrimp cocktail, and seafood salad
- Baked brie wrapped in puff pastry with cranberry chutney
- Salmon Wellington – scallop mousse and lobster with caramelized red onion and spinach
- Prime Rib – add a lobster tail and bacon wrapped scallops
- 6 oz filet and lobster tail
- Scallops, shrimp and crab over roasted beet ravioli in a roasted garlic and brie cream with arugula
- Poached pears
- Red velvet cake with white chocolate and chocolate mousse
The Cow Palace: The Cow Palace is featuring a $35.00 per couple meal that includes dinner, salad bar, choice of potato, dessert, and choice of entrees. Call for reservations.
Choose from the following Entrees:
- Cajun chicken or shrimp pasta
- Butternut squash ravioli
- Beef tidbits
- Fried shrimp
- Orange glazed haddock
- Chicken broccoli Alfredo
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Shrimp stir fry
- Chicken stir fry
- Buffalo fried shrimp
- Vegetarian pasta primavera
- Fried or baked haddock
- ½ rack of BBQ or Teriyaki ribs
OR try one of the a la carte specials
- Stuffed shells,
- Lobster ravioli,
- Beef tidbits with sautéed garlic shrimp
Other add ons will be available as well.
Restaurants in Greensboro, Vermont
Highland Lodge: Serving a special 5 course meal from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. Dinner is $69 per person, or for $89 include a specialty wine tasting trio. Vegetarian options are available. If interested in making reservations RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Course 1: Shaved fennel, pear, and Bailey Hazen blue cheese salad with apple cider vinaigrette
- Course 2: Pan-seared scallop with roasted red pepper and basil couscous, and a tequila citrus sauce
- Course 3: Ginger beet soup with goat cheese crostini
- Course 4: Pepper-crusted New York Strip, grilled asparagus, sherry cream mushroom sauce
- Course 5: Cabernet strawberries; Chocolate Mousse
Hardwick Street Cafe: This café is located within the Highland Center of the Arts, and they are featuring a special Valentine’s meal. Join them for a 4 course dinner ($50 per person) while enjoying the music of Sam Bulpin. Dinner includes a shared appetizer for 2, a shared salad, an entrée, and dessert. Call for reservations.
Course 1 – Choose from:
- Baked Little Hosmer with a fruit chutney and crostini
- Smoked salmon platter with herbed cheese spread, capers, red onion and greens
Course 2 – Choose a Salad:
- Grilled Caesar with charred lemon, croutons, Parmesan cheese, a Parmesan crisp and dressing
- Roots and Grains – with Moroccan spice-roasted carrots, faro, apricots, almonds, and whipped ricotta with brown butter vinaigrette drizzle
- House garden salad with carrots, cucumbers, red onions, and roasted tomatoes
Main entrée choices include:
- Balsamic Marinated steak tips with caramelized onion mashed potatoes and garlicky greens
- Orange ginger glazed shrimp skewer with coconut rice and miso-roasted carrots
- Crispy polenta cakes with garlicky greens, oven-roasted tomatoes, fresh greens, balsamic reduction, and an over-easy egg
Finish up your meal with a sweet treat:
- Profiterole sundae with vanilla ice cream filled profiterole with hot fudge sauce
- Truffle Trio – three house-made truffles including white chocolate raspberry, chocolate, and maple bourbon
- Crème brulee
Restaurants in Newport, Vermont
Eastside Restaurant: The Eastside Restaurant will be featuring formal dining with a select menu and featured combo platters for Valentine’s Day.
Menu includes the following combos:
- Hot Lips
- Passionate Prime Rib n’ Crab
- Harbor Heartthrob, and Sweetheart Serenade
All combos come with choice of 4 appetizers, a salad, mashed potatoes, and a dessert platter for two.
Select Menu includes:
- Roasted chicken
- Lasagna Bake
- Filet Mignon
- Lobster Stuffed Shrimp
- Prime Rib
- Steak Papperdelle
- Vegan Ratatouille
- Ravioli and French Veal Chop